Welcome to B'nai Jeshurun Congregation
No front page content has been created yet.
New Website coming soon!
B'NAI JESHURUN CONGREGATION
We are pleased to welcome you to our website and look forward to meeting you at our synagogue. B'nai Jeshurun is a Conservative synagogue and has been the spiritual home to Jews in Cleveland for more than 150 years.
Building Closed; Minyan and Shabbat Service Changes
Please know that our clergy and staff are here for you, whether it be a spiritual issue or a financial concern. Do not hesitate to call, text or email us at any time. With social distancing and the need to minimize crowds in mind, please note these additional changes:
- The building is closed, with limited staff on site. Our plan is to have someone answering all calls, even if staff are off site. The kitchen and both libraries are closed at this time.
- All prayer services, weekday and Shabbat will be available only by stream starting with 6:00 pm today, March 17. We encourage you to join us by stream to pray with your congregation.
- You can connect to weekday services on the Synagogue website. To connect by stream, click here. Friday night and Saturday morning will appear in the window for David J. & Ruth A. Moskowitz Sanctuary. All other services will appear in the window for Nickman Chapel.
- The minyan will be a virtual minyan, with a minimum of ten always participating by stream. Rabbi Weiss has ruled, based on rabbinic and halakhic sources, that – on a temporary, emergency basis, and not as a permanent change – a minyan may be comprised of ten Jews at different locations linked over the internet. Therefore, the services will still include those parts that require a minyan and will fulfill that obligation. This includes the mourner’s kaddish.
- PDF copies of the prayer book can be downloaded from the Rabbinical Assembly website. You will need to fill out a brief registration form and consent to respecting copyright laws.
We will use the Sim Shalom prayer book for weekdays and Saturday afternoon. We will use the Lev Shalom prayer book for Friday night and Shabbat Morning.
- We are looking for those who can commit to one or more service days/times so we can ensure there is a minyan. If you can help, please contact the clergy with the day(s) and time(s) that we can count on you. Thank you in advance!
Weekday Morning (NOTE NEW TIME): 7:15 am (one minyan only)
Weekday Afternoon: 6:00 pm
Friday Evening 6:00 pm
Saturday Morning 9:00 am (until approximately 11:00 am)
Saturday Afternoon 6:00 pm
Sunday Morning 8:00 am
Sunday Afternoon 6:00 pm
We know that things are rapidly changing, and we will continue to reach out to you with updates and guidance. Again, please remember that we are here for you. You can contact us at any time, we are your synagogue and congregational home. We will support each other and get through this together.
Jay Ross, Executive Director
Office: 216-831-6555, extension 107; Mobile: 216-310-4348
Rabbi Stephen Weiss, Senior Rabbi
Rabbi Hal Rudin-Luria
Cantor Aaron Shifman
Rabbi Josh Foster
B'NAI JESHURUN PROGRAMMING ONLINE!
We have moved all of our programming and services online so we can stay connected. We will be utilizing they synagogue’s usual live streaming capabilities, Facebook, Zoom and other available technologies.
If you need help learning how to use a Zoom meeting, please check out this how-to-guide.
STREAMING/ ARCHIVED VIDEO
ALL SERVICES WILL BE LED BY CLERGY AND STREAMED.
With the support of a generous donor, the synagogue is able to stream programs and services from The David J. & Ruth A. Moskowitz Sanctuary and Nickman Chapel. If you are sick, out of town, or just unable to attend services, with the click of a button you can now watch our services live, or at your convenience in our archives. Click here to watch live-streaming or explore our video archive.
VIRTUAL Passover SEDER
Thursday, April 9 at 6:30 pm
Join Rabbi Weiss for a lively festive seder filled with song, stories, discussion and learning. Join us on Zoom. Meeting ID: 683 716 8354. To connect by phone, call (929)205-6099 and enter Meeting ID.
to see our 15+ online opportunities
being offered this week where you can study with our clergy and other scholars in the Cleveland community or spend time with our young families for Shema and Shabbat.
ONGOING ONLINE PROGRAMS
SHEMA & TELL
Wednesdays at 6:30 pm
Join us for a virtual goodnight in your pajamas! Say hello to friends and get ready for bedtime. Bring a special friend (teddy bear, doll, etc.) to share, hear a story, and say the Shema. Join us on Zoom. Meeting ID: 954 688 923
VIRTUAL LUNCH & LEARN
Thursdays at noon
Our regular Thursday Lunch & Learn in Beachwood will not meet in person during the coronavirus pandemic until further notice. However, class will meet with Rabbi Weiss virtually; his topic is Love in the Time of Coronavirus. Join us on Zoom. Meeting ID: 180 233 619; Password: Halakhah. To connect by phone, call +19292056099,180233619#
Fridays at 10:30 am
STARBUCKS, BREAD & TORAH ONLINE
Saturdays at 9:00 am
Gain fresh insights into the Torah, and study with great teachers! This week will be led by Susan Wyner on Zoom. Meeting ID: 979 212 512 or call +19292056099,979212512#
GRATITUDE & TESTIMONIALS
Israel Family Adventure
ISRAEL FAMILY ADVENTURE
June 15-25, 2020
Join Rabbi Hal Rudin-Luria and Rabbi Josh Foster for an unforgettable, multi-generational experience. Learn more.
Jewish Poland Mission & Ride
RIDE FOR THE LIVING MISSION TO POLAND
June 29-July 5, 2020
Join Rabbi Weiss and thousands of others as they bicycle from the gates of Auschwitz to the JCC in Krakow to celebrate the resurgence of Jewish culture in Poland. Learn more.