The Synagogue is seeking to fill the following position
The Development Coordinator is responsible for coordinating, tracking, supporting and preparing reports concerning the development efforts of B’nai Jeshurun clergy, staff and leadership. This coordination will include following up on clergy, staff and leadership activities for donor stewardship and solicitations, social media outreach and effective use of current and new software for development and donor tracking. The Development Coordinator reports to the Executive Director.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and execute fundraising efforts for the synagogue, including operating fund donations through our annual operating budget fundraising campaign and Tribute celebration, as well as endowment giving and special projects.
- Coordinate strategies and activities for donor cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship with clergy, staff and lay leadership.
- Work closely with the clergy, Officers, Board of Trustees, and volunteers to fulfill all fundraising obligations from synagogue donors.
- Develop fundraising materials, including print, email and social media communications, to assist with solicitation of funds both from congregants and the broader community.
- Generate progress reports as required to the President, the Executive Director, the Board of Trustees, and individual committees.
- Serve as a public representative of the synagogue, including cultivating relationships with community members, prospective volunteers, and supporters to build awareness of and commitment to B’nai Jeshurun’s mission.
- Strong problem-solving skills, detail oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to positively engage with members and colleagues in a diplomatic fashion.
- Works well in a collaborative, team-oriented style, with the ability to operate independently and on their own initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to measure outcomes and track relevant data.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to utilize synagogue database and other relevant information to advance synagogue development efforts.
- Strict adherence to the confidentiality of member financial and personal information.
Minimum of 1-3 years of related development experience
Experience in Jewish Communal/Synagogue development preferred
Bachelor’s degree required
Social media experience/knowledge highly recommended
Technology background, with database management skills preferred
Reports to: Executive Director
Direct reports: None
Salary commensurate with experience.
This is a full-time position which includes the full synagogue benefits package.
Please send resume/cover letter to Jay Ross at the synagogue addresss, email applications to [email protected]