B'nai Jeshurun Youth Director
We are seeking an innovative and energetic Youth Director to excite our youth and lead our program into the future! The Director will create meaningful and inspiring experiences and provide leadership and personal growth opportunities to elementary through high school students (Jr. Kadima, Kadima & USY).
• Passion for teen engagement
• Experience working with children and teens in a camp, synagogue, or educational setting
• Passion for engagement in synagogue and Jewish life; models Jewish living
• Understanding of Jewish rituals, customs, holidays and congregational relationships
• Proven leadership skills and ability to serve as a role model and mentor for youth
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• College degree preferred
Job Description Includes:
Youth Group Management:
A. Works with youth and teens (Jr. Kadima, Kadima & USY) on planning & implementing programming, outreach to other teens, helping strengthen teens’ connection to Judaism, etc.
B. Serves as a mentor for teens; creates & implements leadership development opportunities
C. Works with & oversees USY board including monthly meetings and one-on-one conversations
D. Manages the youth budget and finances; tracks membership/participation for each program.
A. Plans calendar of activities for youth groups (3rd-12th Grade), implementing all programs
B. Plans youth & teen holiday programs including Rosh Hashana & Yom Kippur, in partnership with clergy and Youth & Learning Center team
A. Builds and develops relationships with youth, parents, clergy and youth commission to ensure buy in, support and participation
B. Coordinates marketing and publicity needs including social media/flyers/posters
A. Teaches one class in the B’nai Jeshurun Youth & Learning Center
B. Works together with staff and lay leaders on joint programs as they arise
C. Active engagement in synagogue life
This is a full-time position which will require some travel, including 5 weekends away (included in work hours). At times during the year, this position may require greater than 40 hours per week; while at others, the workload may be slightly lighter. Position includes full synagogue benefits package.